Archive for the ‘Holiday Accident Claim’ Category

Hungary Car Accident Compensation Claim: UK Citizen Budapest RTA

Wednesday, September 18th, 2013

Find out how to make a claim from the UK for neck and back injuries following a road traffic accident in Hungary

Hungary Road Traffic Accident Victim Question

I was driving my Vauxhall Astra car on a driving holiday from Southern England to see some relatives in Hungary. We had driven through France, Belgium, Germany, the Czech Republic, Slovakia and finally reached Hungary.

In Budapest we were stopped at a Give Way marking about to turn right onto a main road when our car lurched forward.

We had been struck from behind by a four by four vehicle driven by a young Hungarian man. He apologised and explained that he had been on his mobile and had a lapse of concentration. He was clearly Hungarian and living in Budapest – I am fluent in Hungarian so I could understand what he was saying.

The police turned up at the scene as by chance they had been on route to an incident nearby and had witnessed the accident.

They took all the details and the other driver’s admission. The police called an ambulance and my wife and I were taken to hospital.

I was suffering a bad pain in my neck, which was getting worse as time went on and my wife had neck and lower back pains. X-rays were taken and I was diagnosed with a fractured vertebra in my neck with symptoms in my right shoulder with headaches. My wife was diagnosed with a whiplash type injury to her neck and a lower back strain.

This accident spoiled our holiday and now we are back in England we would like to consider a claim from the UK – is this possible given the road accident happened in Hungary?

European RTA Solicitor Response

The evidence is clear that the Hungarian driver was at fault for your collision, which will be officially noted by the police – so I believe both you and your wife have a strong claim for your respective neck and back injuries.

As Hungary is a member of the European Union and you are living in the UK – it would be possible to make a claim for your injuries and financial losses from either the UK or Hungary.

You would need a specialist European motor accident solicitor to help you with your claim from the UK as most road traffic accident solicitors will not have the requisite expertise.

To speak to me in person about your car accident in Hungary or to commence a claim online for personal injury click Hungary Road Traffic Accident Claim.

Greek Car Accident: UK Compensation Claim Whiplash Broken Finger Ankle Fracture PTSD

Friday, May 24th, 2013

UK European road accident solicitor sets out how to claim compensation in the UK for personal injury and financial loss following a car accident in mainland Greece or the Greek islands

Greek car accident victim question

My wife and I were on holiday in Greece and we flew from the UK to Athens.

We both love everything Greek and we are learning the language so we hired a car with a view to travelling to some of the towns and cities in Greece. We hired a car to travel around the Greek cities and some of the islands including: Livada, Larisa, Thessaloniki, Corfu, Kos, Rhodes and Crete.

After a month of travelling we had caught a ferry back from Corfu and were driving back to Athens to get our flight back to the UK. I stopped at a cross roads when all of a sudden our car was jolted forward with extreme force.

We had been hit by a Greek lorry driver. The Greek police attended as did an ambulance. The Greek lorry driver accepted fault at the scene and my wife and I were taken to hospital.

I suffered whiplash to the neck and shoulder and a damaged vertebra in my lower spine. I also gripped the steering wheel so hard during the impact that I broke the index finger on my right hand, had a bruised sternum from the seatbelt.

My wife was asleep in the passenger seat when we were hit. She has severe neck pain. She banged her leg very badly and suffered a fractured ankle and badly bruised knee.

We remained in hospital for two days and had to book another flight home.

Can we claim compensation from the UK for our car accident in Greece?

European RTA solicitor response

As Greece is a member of the EU and you are resident in the UK your motor claim can be commenced in the UK for the injuries to both you and your wife together with costs you have incurred as a direct result of your Greek car accident.

This is true wherever in Greece your car accident occurred: including Athens, Livada, Larisa, Thessaloniki, Corfu, Kos, Rhodes and Crete.

You took all the correct steps by involving the Greek police and going to hospital in Greece.

Both you and your wife would be reviewed to have your whiplash, sternum injury, broken finger, fractured ankle and knee injury assessed to describe the exact nature of these injuries and likely long term effect into the future.

There might also be a psychological element to your injuries, such as post traumatic stress disorder, which would need to be assessed as part of your claim.

If you would like to commence a claim in the UK with a specialist European RTA lawyer or you would like to speak to me free of charge about your road accident in Greece click Greek Car Road Traffic Accident Claim.

Sweden Car Accident Claim: Whiplash Fracture Dislocation Concussion Back Disc Hernia

Wednesday, February 20th, 2013

UK solicitor sets out how to claim from the UK if you have been involved in a car accident in Sweden suffering injuries such as a fractured wrist, dislocated finger, whiplash neck injury, lower back disc hernia, fractured knee patella and concussion

Sweden road traffic accident victim question

I was a front seat passenger in a hire car driven by my wife. We are both reside in England and had visited some family in Helsinki in Finland, we flew to Sweden and hired a car to drive in Stockholm with a view to travelling to Gothenburg.

We were waiting at a junction in  Stockholm when we were hit from behind by a van.

My wife speaks Swedish and at the accident scene the police attended and the van driver completed a police report form saying “Förlåt mig. Det var mitt fel”.

My wife tells me that this is an acceptance of liability as it means something to the effect of “Sorry, my fault.” This was pretty much confirmed by the Swedish police when we contacted them after the accident.

An ambulance attended at the scene and we were taken to a hospital in Stockholm and I was diagnosed with a fractured wrist, a dislocated index finger at the knuckle and whiplash to my neck. My wife was diagnosed with concussion, a fractured patella in her knee, whiplash to her neck and a lower back disc herniation.

We are now back in Ipswich in England and still receiving treatment for our injuries and would like to make a claim for compensation. How do we go about this?

European road traffic accident solicitor response

As your car accident occurred in Sweden, which is a member of the EU, both you and your wife can commence a claim for compensation for your injuries (fractured wrist, dislocated finger, whiplash, fractured patella, lower back disc hernia, fractured knee patella and concussion) from the UK.

In addition there might be a psychological element to your injuries, such as post-traumatic stress disorder, which should not be overlooked.

You will need a specialist European road accident solicitor to help you make your claim – there are very few with the expertise in the UK.

If you would like to proceed with a claim for your car accident in Sweden with a specialist solicitor or speak to me in person free of charge about your accident click Sweden Car Accident Claim.