Archive for the ‘Road Traffic Accident Claims’ Category

Netherlands Car Accident: Claim Compensation For RTA In Holland From The UK

Tuesday, July 31st, 2012

European RTA solicitor explains how to claim compensation in the UK for a road traffic accident in the Netherlands

Car Accident Victim Netherlands Question

I was on holiday with my wife and two children in the Netherlands.

We hired a car from the airport in Amsterdam and a couple of days later I was stopped at a set of traffic lights with my wife as a front seat passenger and my two children in the back of the car when another car hit with force from behind.

The through my vehicle into the car in front.

The police attended and an ambulance was called. At the scene the other driver accepted responsibility for the crash

I suffered whiplash and a fractured right hand. My wife suffered whiplash and lower back pain.

My two children suffered back pain. My son also broke his foot and my daughter injured her hip.

We are now back in England and still suffering symptoms – are we able to claim compensation from the UK for our RTA in Holland?

European Car Accident Solicitor Response

As the Netherlands is an European Union country there are reciprocal agreements of insurance companies which allow a UK citizen who has a road accident in the Netherlands or Holland to commence a claim in England or another country of the UK.

It is therefore possible for you to make a claim for all the injuries you have described from the UK  – including whiplash, back injuries, hand injuries, a broken foot and hip injuries.

This type of a Dutch road accident claim requires specific expertise and there are very few solicitors who can help with such a claim.

If you would like to proceed with a claim online or to speak with me in person to discuss any questions you might have about your car accident in Holland click road traffic accident Netherlands.

Road Traffic Accident To A Pedestrian In Paris: Claim From The UK For Your Injuries

Tuesday, June 26th, 2012

UK solicitor explains how it is possible to claim from the UK for a road traffic accident in Paris, France

Pedestrian road traffic accident victim question

My wife was in Paris with her mother in 2011 and as she was crossing the road a driver turned a corner at speed and hit her.

My wife was taken to hospital and diagnosed with a broken tibia and fibula in her right leg and suffered a fractured left arm. She had to have surgery on her leg.

My wife’s mother called the police to the scene who attended and completed a report indicating that the accident was the car driver’s fault.

My wife would like to claim compensation for her road traffic accident in Paris – is it possible to do this from the UK?

Paris car accident solicitor response

“Yes” – it is possible to make a claim from the UK for a road traffic accident in Paris. The EU countries have a reciprocal agreement allowing UK citizens to claim from the UK for a RTA which occurred in an EU country.

There are however very few solicitors with the expertise to make this type of claim in the UK as such claims require specialist knowledge.

The rules vary in different European countries as to the evidence necessary to prove a claim, but the driver would need to be shown to be responsible for the accident. In France – the involvement of the police at the scene of a road traffic accident is critical, so the police report to which you refer will provide evidence to support your wife’s claim.

If you would like to speak to me in person about your wife’s claim for her broken leg and arm or to commence a claim online with a specialist UK based European car accident solicitor click pedestrian car accident claim Paris

Whiplash Car Accident Claim: Offer Of Settlement Before Medical Report Obtained

Friday, May 25th, 2012

UK car accident solicitor explains what you should do if you are involved in a car accident causing whiplash injuries to you and your children and an offer of settlement is made by the driver’s at fault motor insurer before a medical report has been obtained

Rear End Shunt Car Accident Victim Question

I was driving with my two children in my car in Bournemouth on the way to Poole. We stopped at a mini roundabout as a lorry was on the roundabout.

All of a sudden our car was thrown forward – we had been rear ended by a Mitsubishi Shogan. My car is far smaller – a Renault Megane.

My car was badly damaged, but the Shogan driver was very helpful and gave all his details including his motor insurer and apologised for his driving error. He had using his mobile so he was distracted.

A few hours after the accident – I noticed a pain in my neck as did my children. We went to hospital and my two children and we were all diagnosed with whiplash neck injuries.

A couple of days after the accident the other driver’s motor insurer telephone me and offer compensation for our injuries of £1000 each without the need to get a medical report.

I am interested to find out if the settlement they offered me without a medical of £1000 is enough –
I do not believe it is and want to know how much it could be for our whiplash injuries?

Road Traffic Accident Solicitor Response

The amount of compensation you can claim for whiplash can only be accurately determined by a solicitor obtaining a medical report on your behalf from an independent medical expert properly instructed.

This expert will give a description of your injuries after careful examination and provide a prognosis – an estimate of how long it will take for you to recover.

If this estimate shows whiplash of for example a year – your claim will be worth in the region of £2500 – if longer than much more compensation.

You and your children must be examined to ensure your injuries are not more serious – such as a cracked spinal vertebra.

You should use a solicitor to claim, as in addition to compensation your legal costs can be claimed – this is the reason the insurer is offering you compensation before obtaining a medical report.

The insurer is attempting to save money, pay you as little as possible and avoid paying legal costs.

You might decide that you wish to accept the offer for yourself, but you cannot do this for your children. The court must be involved to authorise settlement of their claim and the court will not allow this without a medical report and without a court hearing in which medical evidence is considered, the case law checked to ensure a sufficient sum is awarded and any settlement monies will then be retained in the courts fund office until your children reach the age of 18 years.

To commence a claim for whiplash for both you and your children or to discuss your claim free of charge with me in person click car accident claim settlement pre medical.