Archive for the ‘Road Traffic Accident Claims’ Category

Hungary Car Accident Compensation Claim: UK Citizen Budapest RTA

Wednesday, September 18th, 2013

Find out how to make a claim from the UK for neck and back injuries following a road traffic accident in Hungary

Hungary Road Traffic Accident Victim Question

I was driving my Vauxhall Astra car on a driving holiday from Southern England to see some relatives in Hungary. We had driven through France, Belgium, Germany, the Czech Republic, Slovakia and finally reached Hungary.

In Budapest we were stopped at a Give Way marking about to turn right onto a main road when our car lurched forward.

We had been struck from behind by a four by four vehicle driven by a young Hungarian man. He apologised and explained that he had been on his mobile and had a lapse of concentration. He was clearly Hungarian and living in Budapest – I am fluent in Hungarian so I could understand what he was saying.

The police turned up at the scene as by chance they had been on route to an incident nearby and had witnessed the accident.

They took all the details and the other driver’s admission. The police called an ambulance and my wife and I were taken to hospital.

I was suffering a bad pain in my neck, which was getting worse as time went on and my wife had neck and lower back pains. X-rays were taken and I was diagnosed with a fractured vertebra in my neck with symptoms in my right shoulder with headaches. My wife was diagnosed with a whiplash type injury to her neck and a lower back strain.

This accident spoiled our holiday and now we are back in England we would like to consider a claim from the UK – is this possible given the road accident happened in Hungary?

European RTA Solicitor Response

The evidence is clear that the Hungarian driver was at fault for your collision, which will be officially noted by the police – so I believe both you and your wife have a strong claim for your respective neck and back injuries.

As Hungary is a member of the European Union and you are living in the UK – it would be possible to make a claim for your injuries and financial losses from either the UK or Hungary.

You would need a specialist European motor accident solicitor to help you with your claim from the UK as most road traffic accident solicitors will not have the requisite expertise.

To speak to me in person about your car accident in Hungary or to commence a claim online for personal injury click Hungary Road Traffic Accident Claim.

Mountain Bike Road Accident Claim: Car Turns Hitting Bike At Lights

Tuesday, September 3rd, 2013

RTA solicitor explains how to claim compensation to a mountain bike road traffic accident victim in Dundee in Scotland

Mountain bike road traffic accident victim question

I was cycling my mountain bike from Aberdeen to Perth in Scotland when I came to a set of traffic lights in Dundee. The lights were initially on red and I was at the front of the traffic queue. When the lights turned to green I started forward – as I did the car behind sped past me and attempted to turn left without indicating as I was passing the junction and in front of my path.

The back of his car collided with the front wheel of my mountain bike before I had time to react. I lost control and fell into the middle of the road. Luckily the car behind me witnessed the accident and stopped. As the accident happened at rush hour, it was very busy.

The witness stopped, slowed the traffic, helped me off the road along with my bike. An ambulance was called along with the Police. Fortunately the witness managed to take the driver’s registration number as the car driver had not stopped at the accident scene.

I was taken to hospital and diagnosed with a dislocated right shoulder and broken collar bone. I am in extreme pain with limited movement in my shoulder and my arm.

It is only a week since the accident, but can you tell me:

1. Can I make a claim with only a registration number plate?

2. If I can claim – at what time would I claim as I don’t know how long I will be off work?

3. Can I claim sick pay, injury compensation and cost of my mountain bike repair?

4. I have a hospital review next week. Should I wait for more medical news before doing anything else?

Road traffic accident solicitor response

To answer your questions in sequence:

1. With the registration number plate the police and your solicitor will be able to find the owner of the vehicle and commence a claim against the owner and his motor insurer. If the driver of the vehicle cannot be found then your claim would likely proceed via the Motor Insurers Bureau Untraced Drivers Agreement.

2. You should commence your claim sooner rather than later – accumulating evidence for lost income (both past and future losses) and other financial losses is a meticulous process.

In addition – you need to understand the records you should keep in relation to your pain and suffering for physical and any psychological injuries.

Medical evidence from an independent expert will be obtained by your solicitor describing your injuries (dislocated shoulder and fractured collar bone) together with the effect of any continuing symptoms on your quality of life. This expert will have access to your hospital and GP notes, but this appointment will take place typically a few months after your accident to allow your symptoms to settle.

3. You can claim for all injuries and losses, which are as a direct result of your accident – which should include: pain and suffering for your dislocated shoulder and fractured collar bone; your lost income 9both past and future losses), the cost of your mountain bike repair and other expenses you may have incurred including medical expenses, travel expenses to the hospital and GP, help in the home, etc.

4. As I explained at number 3 – you do not need to wait until your hospital review takes place as the independent medical report will be obtained by your solicitor in a number of months from now and access to your GP and hospital notes will be made available to the expert. If it is too early for the expert to give a definitive prognosis about your likely future symptoms – the expert will comment and recommend a review to produce an updating medical report.

I hope I have answered your questions?

Making a claim for a mountain bike road traffic accident in Scotland

If you would like to commence a claim with a specialist Scottish RTA solicitor or to speak to me in person free of charge click mountain bike road traffic accident claim Scotland.

Car Accident Claim Romford London: Hit By A Van At Traffic Lights

Friday, August 16th, 2013

UK car accident lawyer explains how to calculate the amount of compensation you can claim for a car accident in Romford causing a fractured skull, sternum fracture, whiplash neck injury, back pain, concussion and psychological injury

Car accident victim question

I was driving my car for work as a salesman and had driven from Colchester to Chelmsford, Chelmsford to Brentwood and was heading towards Romford on the A12. I was waiting at a set of lights behind a couple of cars when I noticed in my rear view mirror a ford transit van approaching at speed.

The van did not stop and I braced for impact as I had nowhere to go.

The van hit my car and threw my car forward into the car in front. I think I must have been knocked unconscious as when I came round I was in an ambulance and was taken to hospital in London.

The police attended at the scene and the van driver accepted the accident was his fault. He had taken a call on his smart phone and was distracted. I believe the police are prosecuting.

At hospital I was diagnosed with various injuries including: fractured skull, concussion, displaced fracture of the sternum, contusion to the lungs, whiplash and back ache. I am also suffering flashbacks and my wife tells me that I am more withdrawn.

I have been signed off work for a couple of months and my car is a write off.

The other party has accepted full liability in writing – what is the average amount of compensation I should I be looking at?

Car accident solicitor response

The only true way to estimate the amount of compensation you are entitled to claim is to have medical reports produced by independent medical experts instructed by a specialist solicitor acting on your behalf.

You will most likely need the report of an orthopaedic surgeon (for your skull fracture, fractured sternum, neck whiplash, back pain, bruised lungs, a neurosurgeon ( to describe the concussion symptoms if severe and comment if there is any brain injury) and a clinical psychologist or psychiatrist (to comment on your psychological reaction as you might be suffering PTSD – post traumatic stress disorder).

The reports will set out your injuries at the time of the accident, what your symptoms are at the time of the examination and very importantly give a prognosis as to what your symptoms are likely to be in the future.

Once the report is produced – your injuries can be compared to similar injuries decided by the courts in the past. In this way the amount of compensation you can claim can be calculated.

To see the page I have written setting out the amounts of compensation you can claim for all body parts – click injury compensation claim payout amounts.

In addition to compensation for your injury – you are entitled to compensation for financial losses and expenses, including lost income (both immediate and future lost income, including disadvantage on the open labour market when you return to work), medical expenses, help in the home by friends and family members, etc.

To see the page I have written explaining the type of expenses you can claim, click car accident compensation:

Free of charge legal help and assistance

If you would like to discuss your car accident with me in person free of charge or you would like to commence a claim for compensation for your injuries (fractured skull, sternum fracture, lung injury, whiplash, back pain, concussion and psychological injury) with a specialist road traffic accident solicitor click car accident claim Romford London.