Archive for the ‘Road Traffic Accident Claims’ Category

Average Compensation Payouts Broken Wrists: Motorbike Accident Claim

Thursday, August 30th, 2012

UK solicitor sets out how to determine the average compensation payout you can claim for broken wrists and knee injuries following a UK motorcycle RTA 

Cardiff Motorbike Accident Victim Question

I was approaching a roundabout on my motorbike in Cardiff on my way to work in Newport. I slowed down and stopped to give way to cars on the roundabout when I was suddenly thrown forward with great force maybe approximately 15 foot.

I put my hands out to break my fall and as a result suffered two broken wrists and an injured knee.

My injuries required an operation on both wrists and the insertion of plates. My knee injury was initially suspected to be a fracture of the patella, but turned out to be cuts requiring a few stitches and severe bruising.

The police and ambulance attended at the scene. I understand the vehicle that hit me was a van driver and he is being prosecuted by the police – he was distracted using a mobile phone at the time of the accident.

I wish to know how to make a claim and wonder the average compensation payouts I am likely to recover for my broken wrists and knee injury?

Motorcycle RTA Solicitor Response

The facts of your motor bike accident seem quite clear. The police will have produced in a report the findings at the scene of the accident, which combined with the mechanics of the accident and the fact that the police are prosecuting should result in the van driver (in turn his motor insurer) being responsible for paying compensation for the pain and suffering for your injuries together will all direct losses, such as the damage to your motor bike, clothing, lost income, medical expenses, etc.

The amount of compensation you can claim for your broken wrists and knee injury – depend on the exact nature of your injuries. For instance, a broken wrist is a typed of fracture – which in itself can be a clean break, displaced, spiral, comminuted, etc.

The only way to determine the exact nature of your injuries is to instruct a solicitor to help you make your claim. Your solicitor will in turn instruct a medical expert – here an orthopaedic surgeon, to compile a report setting out your injuries, the treatment required both now and into the future with a prognosis describing how long you are likely to suffer on-going symptoms and any disabilities you might have together with the effect on your ability to work and participate in hobbies, etc.

With this report your solicitor can determine the average payout money you are likely to receive for your claim.

In the event of multiple injuries or complexity a solicitor will likely take the opinion of a barrister to determine how much your claim is worth.

To see the pages I have written with average compensation payouts for wrists and knees click wrist injury compensation or knee injury claim respectively.

If you would like to proceed with a broken wrist and knee injury claim with a specialist solicitor or discuss how much you can claim with me in person click broken wrist injury claim Cardiff Newport.

Torremolinos Car Accident Claim UK: Malaga Marbella Granada Seville

Friday, August 24th, 2012

European road traffic accident solicitor sets out how to claim compensation for a car accident in Spain – includes  Torremolinos, Malaga, Marbella, Granada, Seville and all other areas of Spain

Car accident victim question (Torremolinos / Malaga Spain)

My wife and I took a package holiday to Malaga. In Malaga and separate from the package we hired a car to drive around the area and visit Granada, Torremolinos, Marbella and Seville.

In Torremolinos we were waiting at a set of traffic lights when a car collided with great force to the rear of our car. The back of the car was badly damaged and my wife and I were thrown forward with great force.

Thankfully – we were wearing seatbelts. I did hit my head on the steering wheel and my wife hit her hand on the passenger door.

I got out of our car a little dazed and confronted the other driver – who was Spanish. He apologised and started to complete an accident report form when the police arrived.

A report was completed by the police and an ambulance was called. My wife and I were taken to hospital in Malaga, x-rays taken. I was found to have whiplash to my neck, thoracic back pain and concussion symptoms. My wife had a fractured index finger in her right hand, whiplash and lower back pain.

We are now back in England and still suffering from our injuries – can we claim compensation in the UK for our Torremolinos RTA?

Spanish road accident solicitor response

“Yes” – you can claim compensation in the UK for your injuries and expenses as a result of your road traffic accident in Torremolinos. This is despite the fact that the car was hired outside of the package holiday agreement.

Road accidents in European Union countries can be commenced in the country of the EU resident’s domicile – which for you is the UK.

You took all the correct steps by involving the Spanish police, completing an accident report at the scene and attending at the hospital in Malaga so I do not see too much a difficulty in proving liability of the Spanish driver.

The process of claiming compensation for a Spanish RTA is not as simple as an ordinary car accident in the UK. You will need the assistance of a specialist European road traffic accident solicitor.

To speak to me in person about your Torremolinos RTA or to commence your compensation claim online for whiplash neck injury, thoracic and lower back pain, concussion and a fractured finger click Spanish Torremolinos Malaga car accident claim.

Car Accident Normandy France: Claim UK Claims For Whiplash / Vehicle Damage

Wednesday, August 15th, 2012

Discover how to claim compensation for vehicle damage and personal injury from the UK if you were involved in a road traffic accident in Normandy France

Road Accident In Normandy France Victim Question

My wife and I had driven through Cornwall and then took a ferry from Plymouth to Brittany in France.  We drove to Rennes and then onto Caen in Normandy when my car was hit by another car.  The other driver was a French National and was emerging from a side road, blinded by the sun and crashed into my car.

My vehicle was a write off and both my wife and I were knocked unconscious.  The police attended at the scene and I was taken to hospital.

The other driver completed an accident report at the scene (constat amiable d’accident) accepting fault and the police took further details.

I suffered whiplash neck injuries, lower back pain and concussion symptoms. My wife also had concussion symptoms, a broken hand and neck pain.

We live in Penzance in Cornwall. Can we claim compensation from the UK for our injuries and the vehicle damage?

European RTA Solicitor Response

As France is a member of the European Union – reciprocal agreements exist between motor insurers within EU countries most notably France and the UK, which allow claims to be commenced either in the country where the road accident occurred or the country of your residence.

As you live in Penzance you would be entitled to commence a claim in the UK for your vehicle damage and the injuries for both you and your wife – including, whiplash, back pain, broken hand and concussion.

The correct steps were taken in France following the road traffic accident – importantly the police were involved and an accident form was completed at the scene. All French drivers are required by their motor insurers to carry such forms in their vehicles, which should be completed at the accident scene to agree how the road accident occurred. This form is called in France “constat amiable d’accident”.

If you would like to make a claim for your RTA in France or speak to me in person about your accident click car accident claim Normandy France.