Drunk Driver Rear End Shunt At Lights: Claim Compensation For Passengers

How to claim compensation if you are injured in a road accident as a result of a drunk driver

Drunk driver accident victim question

My children and I were passengers in a friend’s vehicle which was hit by a drunk driver at lights. The police attended and breath tested the driver who hit us and he was found to be drunk and is being prosecuted.

We are all suffering from neck pain and shoulder pain which has been ongoing for a few months.

Can my children and I claim compensation?

RTA Solicitor Response

You and all your children are entitled to claim compensation. If the driver had motor insurance that insurance will meet your compensation claims as well as pay your legal costs for making a claim.

If the driver was uninsured – the Motor Insurers Bureau will pay your compensation as though it was the insurer of the vehicle.

To read more about claiming compensation and the amount of compensation you can receive for whiplash click Car Accident Compensation