Hairdresser Injury Compensation: The practical steps you should take following hair and scalp injury at a hairdressers
Hairdresser injury compensation claim: Solicitor sets out some practical sets you should take if you suspect that your hair and scalp have been injured at a hairdressers; how to calculate the amounts of compensation you could claim; how long you have to make a claim; how to fund a solicitor and receive free specialist solicitor assistance.
The guidance is given when answering an online visitors question.
Hairdresser Injury Question
I attended at a new hairdresser for treatment of my long dark hair. When I left the salon my hair felt like straw, my scalp was sensitive and itchy, later my mother noticed some blistering & flaking skin. When I brush my hair – I am noticing clumps are coming out.
I don’t wish to make a claim for compensation just yet, but wish to know the immediate steps I should take and what I would need to do if I decided to make a hairdresser injury claim.
Hair & Scalp Injury Claim Solicitor Response
A few practical steps you might wish to take include:
1. Attend with your GP as it seems your scalp has suffered injury. This will allow correct diagnosis and treatment and could prevent long term problems to your hair growth. It might be necessary for your GP to refer you to a dermatologist. See our article importance of attending at hospital / GP
1. Attend with the offending hair salon to make sure the hair & scalp damage is recorded in their accident book / incident report book.
2. Attend with a trusted hairdresser for a professional opinion on the damage done and possible solutions.
3. Check to see if you have the benefit of legal protection cover – such as on household contents insurance, some bank accounts or union membership (access to union solicitor). See our article household contents legal protection cover.
4. Keep a daily diary of your physical & psychological symptoms and a note of costs and expenses your incur together with supporting receipts. This information will help support a hairdresser injury claim if you decide to proceed with a claim. See our article records to keeping to support a personal injury claim.
Compensation Amounts For Hairdresser Injury Claims
See our article hair damage compensation calculator, which calculates the amount of compensation you can claim for hair & scalp injury.
How Long To Make A Hairdresser injury Claim?
Generally, you have three years from the date of the hairdresser injury or knowledge of injury to commence a claim at court before your claim is statute barred and it is too late to claim.
See our article describing the three year statutory limitation period to claim compensation (you also find some exceptions to the three year rule notably claims for children).
Discussing Making A Claim With A Specialist Solicitor Free Of Charge
When you decide to consider making a claim or simply to find out what your options are see our specialist solicitor free online & telephone assistance. Here you can select from online or telephone free assistance options for hairdresser injury claims.
You may also be interested in our no win no fee solicitor funding options article – which sets out the different funding arrangements when instructing a solicitor.