Road Accident Claims

Road Accident Claims: Online RTA Legal Information Sites And Free Online Compensation Claims Solicitor Legal Help

Road accident claims: if you wish to claim compensation for a road traffic accident in the United Kingdom – listed on this page there are a number of organisations which can provide free legal advice and free legal information to help you claim.

Click road accident claims to see the free legal help and assistance my website offers you with your RTA compensation claim.

Road accident claims authority links

Listed alphabetically below are links to authority sites which provide free online information to help you if you have suffered a road traffic accident.

road accident claims

Road Accident Claims

DVLA – Driver And Vehicle Licensing Agency

The DVLA is the government agency designed to ensure the enforcement of road safety law with a view to avoiding road traffic accidents.

Highway Code

This government website provides full details online of the Highway Code including the rules for all UK road users from pedestrians to horse riders or drivers of a motor vehicle. Winning your road accident claim is often dependent on showing a driver was at fault by failing to follow the rules of the Highway Code.

Motor Insurers Bureau – Uninsured Or Untraced Road Accident Claim

The Motor Insurers Bureau was set up as a private body designed to pay compensation to accident victims from uninsured or untraced drivers in the UK. It also offers a green card system designed to help UK residents who have a road traffic accident abroad and to help foreign registered vehicles involved in a RTA in the United Kingdom. A green card is usually not necessary if an accident is in the EU (European Union) or the EEA (European Economic Area) with another vehicle whose driver ordinarily resident in the EEA also.

Motor Insurers Information Centre

This section of the Motor Insurers Bureau in the UK is known as the green card Scheme and can help you make a claim from the UK when you are involved in an accident in the UK with a foreign registered driver.

The Highways Act 1980 – Section 41 Sets Out The Authority’s Obligations To Ensure Defects Do Not Cause Road Accident Claims

The Highways Act 1980 sets out all the obligations of the highway authority to maintain public roads and pavements. Using the link above you can see the whole of the Highways Act, but by clicking on section 41 you will be able to see the highway authority’s specific duty of maintenance.

Remember you can win a road accident claim against the Highways Authority if a defect in the highway causes your road accident to occur.

Road Traffic Act 1988

The Road Traffic Act 1988 sets out the law in relation to motor vehicles and when a motorist is seen to commit a criminal offence. Click on the above link to see a summary of all the parts of the Road Traffic Act – click on the section that you feel is most relevant to you.

Summary Of Road Accident Claims Links

On this page I have provided you with links to authority websites which help you with legal information about road accident claims.

I recommend you:

Click road traffic accident to learn the procedure of making a compensation claim for your RTA or click road accident claim to see specialist accident solicitor answers to frequently asked road accident claim questions.