Fractured Arm As Child: Hospital Failure To X Ray Leading To Deformity

What you should do if you suffer a broken radius and the hospital fails to x ray your arm resulting in a later deformity lasting for life?

Child Medical Negligence Question

When I was 10 years of age I was involved in an accident at home which was my fault. I was taken to hospital – no x-ray was taken and I was sent home with pain killers and tubigrip.

I was in pain for a couple of months and upon attending my GP was referred for an x ray only to discover that I had fractured my radius and the fracture had not healed correctly . This resulted in extensive corrective treatment and permanent loss of function in my arm.

Can I make a claim?

Clinical Negligence Solicitor Response

So long as you are still under the age of twenty one – potentially you might be able to make a claim.

The first step in any clinical negligence claim is to write a letter of complaint, in this instance to the NHS Trust. The NHS Trust thereafter will respond in writing and based upon this information a clinical negligence solicitor can help determine wither there is a possibility of a claim.

However, from the information you have provided it would seem that you might still have a claim as it is clear that you should have been treated correctly such that your fracture should have been noticed and your bone set correctly.

Click medical negligence claim to find out the whole process of making a clinical negligence claim.